Horizon Driving School Terms and Conditions
Note : At the moment I only offer Manual Driving Lessons.
• No other person will be in the car during your driving lesson unless you request it
• Guaranteed no charge if I am late without prior warning, if I am late, the time will be made up at the end of the lesson or when mutually convenient to both parties.
• If you are late for your driving lesson you will only be able to continue to your allotted time.
• Lesson price guarantee ”I promise that despite rising costs your lesson price will not increase”.
• All driving lessons are paid a week in advance to confirm appointment.
• In the event of a problem with the car, breakdown, puncture etc. any lost driving lesson time will be made up when mutually convenient to both parties.
• The instructor will never shout, swear or use demeaning language to you or anyone else.
• The instructor will never touch you unless it is to control the car in an emergency.
• If the car needs fuel you will be shown how to refuel the car and have 5 minutes added to the lesson.
• The instructor will not make or receive phone calls or text messages during your lesson.
• The car is a No Smoking area.
• Any behaviour which is considered threatening or abusive will not be tolerated.
• Each driving lesson will be tailored to your needs, with mutually agreed goals for that lesson and the progress marked in your pupil record log.
• You will have free access to www.confidentdrivers.co.uk website.
• You will have free access to www.gotheory.co.uk website.
• In cases of bad weather, the instructor will put safety first and it will be there decision whether the lesson takes place.
• The instructor will pay you £20 in cash for every pupil you refer to them, once they have finished their block of 10 lessons (beginners) or after 5 fully priced lessons (if joining as a partially trained driver). You can refer during your learning journey and after you pass!
• Before you take your practical test, you will have taken and passed 3 mock tests.
• The final decision of driving test readiness is the instructors alone and non-negotiable.
• Assessment of driving test readiness is no way a guarantee of a driving test pass.
• As part of the triple guarantee, should you not pass your practical driving test first time, your instructor will pay for your second driving test **subject to terms and conditions.
• At least one standard 2-hour driving lesson must be kept in credit at all times. After your test you can use that money for a 2-hour motorway lesson, your next 2-hour lesson (if you do not pass) or you can choose to have it refunded.
• Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before your driving lesson is due otherwise you will be charged for the session.
• Continual cancellation without good reason will result in any contract being terminated and no refunds given.
• Booked and paid hours must be used within 6 months.
• If you have block booked driving lessons and you pass your test before the hours are used the remaining hours will be refunded.
• By signing this you are stating that you have read and agreed the terms and conditions.
Signed by Pupil…………………………………………… Dated……………………
Signed by Instructor…………………………………… Dated……………………
** To qualify for the triple guarantee it is a minimum of 20 hours tuition, which consists of a 2 hour driving lesson every week, unless agreed with the instructor when either party has a booked holiday, and 3 mock tests must be passed the last one being 2 weeks before the driving test.